Gas leakage leaves two dead in Havelian

by

ABBOTTABAD: Two more people on Monday lost their lives in a gas leakage incident in Haavalian village, during the current season death tolls caused by the gas leakage crossed 12, ARY News reported.

According to the Rescue 1122 sources, dead persons were identified as Yasar and Mehtab, hailed from the village Tatrila an area of Rajoi Police Station.

Responding to the incident, the rescue medical team shifted the bodies of Yasar and Mehtab to Type-D Hospital Havelian.

Despite the issuance of guidelines for the use of gas heaters during the winter season by Rescue-1122, district administration, and Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL), it is disheartening that people continue to neglect these guidelines, leading to the loss of precious human lives.

This was the fifth incident of gas leakage in the district of Abbottabad where 12 people lost their lives.

Earlier, at least five people died as gas leaked in a house in Nawansher Abbottabad.

Read more: Gas leakage leaves mother, four children dead in Abbottabad

As per details, police officials said that five members of family including a woman and her four children suffocated to death as the gas leaked inside their house.

Police spokesperson further said that the father of the children has been rushed to hospital in critical condition.

In a separate incident, a gas explosion in a house – used to sell computer equipment online – was reported from Karachi s North Nazimabad area, in which one person died.

According to the rescue officials, the reason for the explosion was due to gas filling in a house, while the victim who perished in the explosion was identified as the gatekeeper of the house, whose body is been shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital.

Read more: Karachi gas leakage blast claims one life

As per fire brigade sources, the explosion was so powerful that it affected the roof and walls of the house, as well as destroyed goods presented at the spot.

The police officials stated that the house was filled with gas and a short circuit triggered the blast, while further investigation is underway to uncover the reason of the incident.

The body of the watchman has been shifted to the hospital for post-mortem, after which it will be handed over to the heirs.

You May Also Like

Recommended for you

Our Newsletters

Get our best recipes and tips in your inbox. Sign up now!

Categories

sidebar-img1.jpg

Body & fitness

Recent Posts